Leftover Turkey Pie
A thrifty way to turn leftover turkey meat (or chicken) into a delicious family meal
Working with Love Food Hate Waste, Schwartz have pulled together a collection of recipes which are perfect for using up leftovers, helping you to reduce waste and hopefully save some money at the same time.
- 7g (¼oz) butter
- 125g (5oz) streaky bacon, chopped
- 675g (1½lb) leeks, sliced
- 675g (1½lb) cooked turkey
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 900ml (1½ pints) chicken or turkey stock
- 125ml (4fl oz.) white wine
- 4 tbsp. crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp. Schwartz Thyme
- 1 tbsp. Schwartz Sage
- 1 tsp. Schwartz Tarragon
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Schwartz Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and fry the bacon for 2-3 minutes until it begins to crisp, add the leeks and cook for 10–15 minutes, until they are softened.
- Add the turkey and heat through, then sprinkle over the flour and stir in.
- Add the white wine, crème fraiche and Herbs. Stir through and allow to simmer for 10 minutes to reduce slightly. Season to taste.
- Spoon into an ovenproof dish, top with the pastry and brush with the egg. Cook in the oven for around 30–35 minutes, until the pastry is cooked.